WMS, Weekly News, September 13, 2019
Posted by Tracie Cote on 9/13/2019
September 13, 2019
Hello Wareham Middle School Families,
Thank you to the families that were able to attend our Open House and PTA meeting this week! We have an exciting week next week with the start of some clubs and intramurals. Please get your students involved! Club brochures were handed out at Open House and it is posted on our website.
After school late buses: Two Late buses will run for grades 5-12. In order for students to ride these buses, they must arrange to stay after school with a teacher or club ahead of time. Students that are not with a teacher after school, will not be allowed to ride the late buses. After school monitors will monitor students from 2:45-3:45. Late buses will not leave WMS until at least 3:45. Thus, please do not expect your child home until after 4 PM. It could take until 5:00 PM for them to get dropped off.
Parent pick on Thursdays: All students will be dismissed from door #9 which is by town hall and the football field.
- Past Due Forms and Signatures Please make sure all forms with signatures are turned in to your child’s homeroom teacher.
- 9/17/19 Early Release Day Please make arrangements ahead of time. Your child needs to know where they are going on Early Release Days and how they are getting there. Breakfast and lunch will be served. Dismissal for grades 5-7 will be at 12:02.
- 9/19/19 Clubs and Intramurals 2-3 P.M. Most clubs and intramurals begin. An informational brochure is posted on our website and was sent home this week.
- 9/30/19 PTA Fall Fundraiser orders are due. Please support WMS!
- There will be a PIG RACE. ALL students who sell $50 worth of product or send in a minimum donation of $25 will receive a ticket (pass) to attend the pig race. Would you like to see your class race a pig? To qualify for a "Class Pig" your class must have a total of over $500 in sales or at least 50% class participation in the fall fundraiser.
- We strive to have students at school on time every day. Every Day Counts at WMS. Please help us make this a successful year.
- You have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to access to your child’s grades in PowerSchool. Please stay actively involved.
- School starts at 7:40 AM and ends at 2:02 PM.
- Between 7:30 AM and 7:40 AM, all parents/guardians who are dropping off their child must do so at or near the auditorium/gymnasium entrance to the middle school (door #9). This entrance is located close to the Town Hall parking lot.
- No drinks from outside school are allowed in the building with students unless it is water.
You can always obtain up to date information from:
WMS Website: www.warehamps.org
Facebook: Wareham Middle