- Wareham Public Schools
Updated Bus Routes 2018-2019 ON 10.17
Back to School - Bus Information:
We encourage parents and students to:
• Do not be tardy for the bus. Getting to the bus stop 5 to 10 minutes prior to the arrival of the bus prevents rushing.
• Stay 10 giant steps away from the outside of the bus.
• Follow all safety protocols when walking to bus stops or when waiting at bus stops and never engage in horseplay at a bus stop and never wait in the street.
• Wait for the bus to stop completely before approaching or preparing to leave.
• Before approaching a school bus to get on, wait until it comes to a complete stop and activates flashing red lights. Be alert if crossing to a bus to ensure that cars have stopped.
• Wait until the driver lets you know it is OK to cross the street or walk in front of the bus.
• Always sit properly on the bus. Avoid standing and obey bus driver’s instructions.
• No horseplay, shouting or yelling while getting on or off or riding on a school bus. Always be courteous and respectful of others
• Avoid picking up any items they may have dropped near the bus. Instead ask the driver for help.
• Stay away from the bus wheels at all times.
Keep hands and arms inside of the bus and never throw anything from a school bus.
• Wait until the bus stops before getting out of your seat.
• Always be aware of other traffic when getting off of a school bus.
Promoting the safety of children in Wareham is the most important obligation responsible adults share. By taking a few minutes to review these suggestions, much can be done to enhance the school environment. Children are our most precious commodities. I ask parents and students to join with us in making this school year safe, healthy and productive for all.
With the increase in mobile technology, students and motorists can easily become distracted. The few seconds it takes to talk on a cell phone, text or change songs can take a student’s focus off of walking safely to the bus stop or cause a motorist to not see a bus’ important safety features like stop arms and warning lights.
Motorists should remember that wherever there is a school bus, there are children around. Always heed the school bus stop lights. When the stop lights are activated, children are entering or exiting the bus, and motorists must stop until the area is clear.
Wareham is focused on delivering safe and reliable transportation to the students of the community every single day.
All Bus Routes are subject to change.